Terms and condition
Please read carefully our terms and condition of the contract. Terms and conditions are very important information for members who are willing to book expeditions, trekking, and travel trip with Hoshi Treks and Expeditions. The terms and conditions contain the information to the client regarding the procedures of booking confirmation, payment and refund system, cancelation, and other charges levied as per policy. The booking terms and conditions constitute a legally required contract between Hoshi Treks and Expedition along with you for the services to be provided.
The details of our terms and conditions are listed below:
Booking and Payment Conditions
- A three months preparation period is necessary to ensure maximum safety and satisfaction of clients.
- 30% as a booking - advance payment has to be done as confirmation
- 40% of the payment has to be done before 20 days of starting date of the expedition
- The rest of the remaining balance 30% payment has to be done upon arrival in Kathmandu before the starting date of the expedition.
- At the time of booking, we also required a scanned copy of your passport and jpeg format passport size photo suitable for printing. We will use these items to obtain your all necessary permits and entry card prior to your arrival in Kathmandu.
Bank transfers for all foreigners except Indian and Nepalese
Name of the bank:
Bank transfers only for Indian and Nepalese
Name of the bank:
We accept card payment: an extra 4% of the required amount will be charged by the banks as a surcharge
In case of failure of on-time payment, as required Hoshi Treks and Expedition will not be compelled to provide the services as per the bookings and agreement made between us.
In some case it may be possible for us to accept your last minute booking 15 days prior to the tour /trip departure date, full payment is then required
We do accept your last minute booking with 100% payment in some cases of Nepal trip.
If you wish to make an announcement to your arrangements, we require notification to Hoshi Treks and Expeditions writing before 2 weeks. If any government permits, flight ticket, Insurance has been issued and cannot be revoked and refunded you will be liable for These costs. You may also be liable for the cancellation of airfares purchased on your behalf.
Notice of cancelation shall be submitted in writing by email with authentic reason, and then refund procedure will be made as follows:
Clauses for cancelation of expedition and peak climbing
- If the expedition is made cancel before 40 days then 15% of the full payment will be deducted whereas 85% of the payment will be refunded,
- If the expedition is made cancel before 20 days then 50% of the full payment will be refunded whereas 50% will be deducted,
- If the expedition is made cancel before 7 days of the expedition begin the 20% of the full payment will be refunded whereas 80% will be deducted,
- No refund is made after the departure of the expedition - and if any natural calamities or disaster will occur or member personal health problem takes place after the expedition start the same condition will be applied.
Clauses for cancelation of trekking /hiking
- If the trekking /hiking is made cancel before 40 days then 15% of full payment will be deducted whereas 85% of the payment will be adjusted in their next trip or refunded after deducting the processing charge of Nepal Rastra Bank.
- If the trekking /hiking made cancel before 20 days then 50% of the full payment will be deducted whereas 50% will be adjusted in their next trip or refined after deducting the processing charge of Nepal RastraBank.
- If the trekking/hiking is made cancel before 20 days then 50% of the full payment will be deducted whereas 50% will be adjusted. Their next trip or refunded after deducting the processing charge of Nepal Rastra bank.
- If the trekking/hiking is made cancel before 7 days of expedition begin then 80% of full payment will be deducted whereas 20% will be adjusted in their next trip or refunded after deducting the processing charge of Nepal Rastra Bank.
- No refund is made after the departure of the Trekking /Hiking and if any natural calamities or disaster will occur or member personal health problem takes place after the expedition starts the same condition will be applied.
Cancelation due to numbers of clients /climbers
Hoshi Treks and Expeditions reserves the right to cancel mountaineering expeditions prior to departure in the event that there are too few people booked in climbing, in which case you will be given a full refund of the expedition price. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amount or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses, or damage (either direct or consequential) or for any loss of time or inconvenience, which may result from such cancellation (including but not limited to visa, passport and vaccination charges or departure, gear purchase, airport and airline taxes ).
Health and fitness requirement
To participate in our adventures like trekking, hiking mountaineering, etc., Good health and physical fitness are required. For this reason, we strongly advise all the clients to follow our pre-departure fitness recommendation or see professional fitness instruction. If you suffer from severe muscular, chest, heart, or bronchial disorders, or if you are severely asthmatic you are strongly advised against participation. Tours take place in remote areas where there is little or no access to normal medical services or hospital facilities for serious health problems. Evacuation, where necessary can be prolonged, difficult, and expensive. Medical and evacuation expenses will be your responsibility and therefore we require travel and medical insurance to cover air transfer evacuation and hospitalization expenses. We reserve the right to refuse any person the right to participate in a trip on medical or fitness grounds. If in doubt, we may be able to design a custom adventure not detrimental to your health.
It is a condition while booking expedition and trekking that the climbers and trekkers must be protected by insurance themselves that covers trip cancelation, medical emergencies, illness accidents, death, loss of personal baggage and personal items, emergency evacuation, theft or damage to baggage, and personal effects, etc.
All costs for emergency evacuation must be paid in cash in Nepal unless an insurance company has agreed to pay all the costs on your behalf .you must ensure that your insurance policy covers all the activities you participate in the mountains /Himalayas.
Note: Foreigners will not be able to purchase an insurance policy in Nepal .therefore it is important to purchase a travel policy in your own country and it is your responsibility to check whether your insurance policy is adequate or not.
A legal guardian must accompany all travelers under age 16. If you have questions regarding age and suitability, please contact us for further information.
Publicity of image and videos
You agree that Hoshi Treks and Expeditionsmay use image and videos of you taken from you camera during the trip without recourse to you and without compensating to you the photograph and video only be used for publicity and promotion purpose through whatever medium.
If you have any subject of a complaint about the trip/tour you must inform the tour leader or guide earliest possible and provide an opportunity to correct him/them at once.
As part of the booking and permit process, we will need to obtain personal information from each client your personal will be kept by us in a secure way and none of your private or personal information will be disclosed for any other purpose.
During any trip, trekking or mountaineering organized by Hoshi Treks and Expeditions guide is fully representative of Hoshi Treks and Expeditions and has all authority during the trip, trekking, or climbing period. If any client commits any unlawful acts he/she will be compelled to leave the trip. No refund will be made in such a case.
Proof of citizenship or information required to travel
It is your responsibility to obtain proper identification or proof of citizenship as required by the authorities to the destination to which you are traveling. You will not be entitled to a refund if you are denied boarding or entry on any basis, including without limitation, improper documentation, or failure to provide information. International travel regulations require a valid passport with six months remaining in the passport prior to the expiration date of the said passport.
This agreement and the rights and obligations of the parties will be constructed and take effect in accordance with and be governed by the laws of the Nepal and Nepal tourism association.