Here is some basic information about the VISA Application Procedure:
To apply for the Visa to Nepal, one must fill an online visa application form available at https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/onlinevisa-mission/application
Primary information to keep in mind while applying for Visa to Nepal:
- All foreigners, except Indian nationals who are entering through the land route into Nepal, need a visa to enter Nepal.
- Visitors can apply for a visa at this Embassy during visa hours (Monday to Friday between 10:00 to 13:00 hours), except on public holidays.
- For the nationals of all European countries visa-on-arrival can be obtained at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu (to find the details on eligibility for visa-on-arrival please visit https://www.immigration.gov.np/).
- As per the decision of the Government of Nepal, handwritten passports will not be accepted for the issuance of visas.
- Applicants are required to pay visa fees as provided below.
- Children below the age of 10 years are exempted from visa fees.
NOTE: Applicants are supposed to submit the following documents for obtaining a visa:
- A printed copy of the visa submission confirmation.
- Original passport with a minimum of 6 months validity and its copy
- An official note or letter for the issuance of visa for Diplomatic or Official passport holders (for issuing gratis visa)
Travel Document holders are required to contact the Embassy prior to sending their documents for the visa.
Applying for Tourist Visa
The Embassy issues Tourist Visas to foreigners visiting Nepal for leisure purposes.
Persons traveling to Nepal for other purposes such as study, business, work have to apply for a tourist visa to the Embassy. They can apply for the respective visa in Nepal once they arrive in Nepal. For the details about the visa please visit the Department of Immigration, Nepal
Generally, it takes one working day to issue a visa, however, if a person comes in-person, it can be issued on the same day provided it requires no further verification ( Please note that the holder of the passport who is not eligible for visa-on-arrival in Nepal needs further verification). The exact time duration will depend upon the workload.
If an applicant sends a passport through posts, he/she is also requested to send a self-addressed strong envelope with sufficient postal charge to return passport/s after issuing the visa. Regular or first-class mail has no tracking number to inquire about delivery status. Therefore, we advise all the applicants to send a prepaid envelope of any kind of express mail to return passport/s.
Applicable Visa fees
For the applicants applying for the first time, the following fee structure will be applicable:
- DKK 250 for 15 days multiple entries (Postal charge equivalent to DKK 99 inside Denmark and DKK 132 outside Denmark in case of application submitted by post)
- DKK 360 for 30 days multiple entries (Postal charge equivalent to DKK 99 inside Denmark and DKK 132 outside Denmark in case of application submitted by post)
- DKK 900 for 90 days multiple entries (Postal charge equivalent to DKK 99 inside Denmark and DKK 132 outside Denmark in case of application submitted by post)
Please make sure that you are carrying cash in Danish Kroner if you want to submit the application in person at the Embassy.
The Embassy will not take any responsibility for any undelivered passport/s as a result of insufficient postage charge, a delicate envelope to bear up the load, etc. If applying for a visa, an additional charge of DKK 150 is required for the registered postal charge.
Applicants are also advised to send visa fees as money orders or cashier’s cheque or bank transfers to the account of the Embassy of Nepal. If two or more applicants are applying together, you may make a single money transfer order of the cashier's cheque multiplying the fee by the number of applicants. Personal cheque and cash payments are not acceptable. Applicants presenting at the Embassy are requested to make payment in cash only.
Once issued, the visa cannot be withdrawn, visa fees cannot be refunded and a visa should be used within six months from the date of issuance. After having obtained a visa you are requested to check your type of visa and visa details written in the visa strikers.
Tourists carrying more than US$ 2000 or equivalent foreign currency should declare it at the immigration point of Nepal by filling Customs Declaration Form at the time of arrival in Nepal. Failure to submit the Customs Declaration Form exceeding the above-mentioned amount shall be liable to an action in accordance with the Foreign Exchange Rules and Regulations of Nepal.
Tourists traveling by land route by using a personal vehicle should be in possession of a valid permit (passage de carnet) along with the vehicle.
Note: Travel Document/aliens passport holders are required to contact the Embassy prior to sending their documents by post. (Such travel document/alien passports holders are required to provide invitation/sponsorship letter, two-way ticket. The Embassy may also ask for an interview).